Pizza Series: Italian Origins March 18, 2020 6:15 p.m.
- Pizza Margarita (Naples, Campania)
- Pizza Marinara (Naples, Campania)
- Pizza Mastunicola (The Original Neapolitan Pizza)
- Pizza Romana (Rome,Lazio)
- Pizza Sfincione (Palermo, Sicilia)
Pizza is a food recognized world wide, but this topped flatbread takes many different forms depending on region. Students will explore the true origins and history of modern Italian Pizza and learn how to create authentic regional pizzas from scratch, using a wood fired oven along with a standard home oven and pizza stone.
- Sourcing ingredients
- Types of dough by region
- Proper fermentation
- Proper dough handling and stretching
- Wood Fired and Home Oven/Pizza Stone Cooking
- Italian Pizza History
Feel free to bring your favorite bottle of wine to sip on during class.
A generous sampling of all the foods prepared in class will be provided.
***If you would like to reserve this class as a Private Event for your group, please Contact Us and we will reply with some available dates.***
Giving a Gift? Buy a Gift Card Instead- click HERE!